The Israel-Palestine issue is often framed in the media as a “war” or a “conflict” between two parties when they are anything but equal – be it, politically, economically or militarily. In the end, the issue is one of silent genocide, by the occupier over those being occupied – plain and simple.
But sure, don’t take our word for it.
Here is a long (but non-exhaustive) list of 35 human rights groups, legal defence organisations, independent NGOs and charities that have produced independent research highly critical of Israel.
Either these local, regional & global NGOs are lying or Israel is. Please find out yourself.
14 LEADING HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS:
- ADALAH: Defends the rights of the Arab minority within Israel itself.
- ADALAH JUSTICE PROJECT: US-based Palestinian advocacy struggling for the full realization of human rights for all people of Palestine
- AL-DAMEER: An NGO in Ramallah fighting for human rights.
- AL-HAQ: Independent human rights NGO in Ramallah, West Bank.
- AL-MEZAN: NGO in Gaza supporting victims of violations of international human rights law
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL: Global human rights group.
- CENTER FOR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS: New York based progressive non-profit legal advocacy protecting the speech and protest rights of activists speaking up for Palestinian human rights
- GRASSROOTS INTERNATIONAL: US-based global movement that supports and defends Palestinian human rights.
- HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH: Global human rights group.
- LAWYERS FOR PALESTINIAN HUMAN RIGHTS: Legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
- MOSSAWA: Advocacy Center for Arab citizens in Israel.
- PALESTINIAN CENTRE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS: Gaza based human rights group, consulted by the UN and the International Federation for human rights and others.
- YESH DIN: Israeli human rights organisation.
- WAR ON WANT: Supports the Palestinian people’s struggle for justice
10 LEADING ISRAELI/JEWISH GROUPS
- ASSOCIATION FOR CIVIL RIGHTS IN ISRAEL: Israeli human rights group, focused on the unofficial dual legal system in Israel.
- BREAKING THE SILENCE: Ex-soldiers’ group providing testimonies highlighting IDF’s immoral practices.
- B’TSELEM: An Israeli group monitoring human rights abuses in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- GISHA: An Israeli not-for-profit organization with an aim to is to protect the freedom of movement of Palestinians, especially in Gaza.
- IF NOT NOW: American Jewish progressive activist group opposing the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- INTERNATIONAL JEWISH ANTI-ZIONIST NETWORK: Left-wing organisation which is highly critical of Israel.
- JEWISH VOICE FOR PEACE: A large influential US-based organization with over 200,000 supporters on their email list, 10,000 individual donors, and over 60 chapters across U.S that supports Palestine.
- NOW IS THE TIME COALITION: A global coalition of leaders – from civil society through to academia, politics and Nobel laureates.
- PEACE NOW: A prominent activist group in Israel that aims to promote a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian issue.
- ZOCHROT: Israeli NGO that raises awareness of the Nakba and Supports the Right of Return.
11 LEADING PALESTINIAN NGOs
- AL-SHABAKA: An independent Palestinian think tank, with a network of nearly 200 Palestinian analysts worldwide, whether in Palestine or in exile, focusing on human rights, policy and strategy.
- ANARCHISTS AGAINST THE WALL: Activists fighting against the wall.
- BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT, SANCTIONS (BDS) : A global movement that aims to end international support for Israel’s oppression of Palestinians and pressure Israel to comply with international law.
- BUILDPALESTINE: Connects’ supporters around the world with grassroots and social impact projects here in Palestine.
- FRIENDS OF AL-AQSA: UK-based NGO highlighting Human Rights abuses suffered by the Palestinians.
- GRASSROOTS AL-QUDS: Promotes the Palestinian narrative in Jerusalem by strengthening the tourism infrastructure, and to improve the capacity and economic wellbeing of the people and communities carrying the sector.
- MAKAN: Provides resources, content, glossary, argument cards about the cause, to amplify Palestinian voices.
- PALESTINE SOLIDARITY CAMPAIGN: Global NGO spearheading a global grassroots campaign to challenge government policy and telling companies to stop profiting from Israel’s illegal occupation.
- STOP THE WALL: Grassroots body against the apartheid wall and supporting those affected by it.
- THE INSTITUTE FOR MIDDLE EAST UNDERSTANDING: An independent organization that provides journalists with quick access to information about Palestine and the Palestinians, as well as expert sources, both in the United States and in the Middle East.
- VISUALIZING PALESTINE: Creates data-driven tools to advance a factual, rights-based narrative of the Palestinian-Israeli issue.
To help Palestinians, please click on the 35 links above and support, donate or become a paid member of these organisations.
Note: Each of these independent human rights NGOs and civil society groups are either privately-funded or count the following from among their donors: European Union, National Endowment for Democracy, Diakonia, Medico International (Germany), Bread for the World-EED (Germany), Ford Foundation, UN Population Fund, Broederlijk Delen (Belgium), Tides Center, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Open Society Foundation, Trocaire, Ploughshares Trust, Open Society Foundation, Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, OxfamNovib (Netherlands), Christian Aid, Islamic Relief, Muslim Aid, and many more.