By The Gaza Fund
We can protests, condemn, tweet, hold vigils, forward WhatsApp messages and post anti-Israel memes on social media platforms all we want.
Toothless organisations can issue empty statements of condemnation while activists can cite the litany of Geneva conventions, ICJ rulings, UNSC & UNGA resolutions violated by Israel, but nothing ever seems to change!
What can we do then apart from grumbling?
READ, WATCH or SHARE:
1. Read up on Israel-Palestine. Click here;
2. Watch these short but informative videos on Israel-Palestine to get a basic overview. Click here
3. Post, share, like or retweet videos on YouTube, X, TikTok and other social media platforms that focuses on Israeli brutalities;
SPONSOR or SUPPORT:
4. Over 96% of water is undrinkable in Gaza. Help sponsor advanced water filters across town. Click here for a list of 50 charities active in Palestine;
5. With thousands of orphans, and for as little as HK$3,000 per year (£300 per year), you could sponsor an orphan. Please click here; Else, click here for a list of 50 charities active in Palestine for other similar options;
6. Rebuild homes, or buy medicines and medical supplies, or donate money for food or sponsor a family in Palestine. Click here for a list of almost 50 charities active in Palestine and help them fund these and other projects;
7. Contact one of 50 charities and ask to become a local representative and help raise funds for Palestine in your own district, town or city. Click here for a list of charities active in Palestine;
8. Palestinians can scream and cry foul all we want to, but no one ever seems to listen. Meanwhile, Oxfam, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, UNICEF, UNRWA and countless others have each produced independent and unbiased research – on the Gaza blockade and the illegal occupation of the West Bank and Jerusalem imposed by Israel. Please consider donating and supporting research produced by these global and local human rights groups. Click here for a comprehensive list of leading human rights groups, everyone ought to support;
WRITE or LOBBY:
9. China is very important to Israel. If you read and write Cantonese or Mandarin, email Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, B’Tselem, etc., and offer to help translate their reports in your local language. Click here for a list of human rights groups and NGOs active in Palestine;
10. Write to the International Criminal Court (ICC), Office of the Prosecutor, PO Box 19519, 2500, CM, The Hague, The Netherlands or email email@example.com;
11. If you are in the U.S or U.K or elsewhere, write to your Member of Parliament or Member of Congress. Remind them of their international obligations and ask them to take firm measures to end the illegal occupation of Palestine, rather than just issue a cycle of empty statements. As more people write to their governments, they will have no choice but to take the issue a bit more seriously;
12. Write a Letter to the Editor to your local newspaper, or write and publish a blog or produce a vlog on your views on Israel-Palestine;
13. Start a fresh petition or sign and circulate existing online petition(s) on Israel-Palestine;
PROTESTS or CAMPAIGN:
14. Join or launch a peaceful protest to your nearest U.S or Israel Embassy;
15. If taking part in protests is not your thing, organise a booth and handout leaflets to locals in your local community, district, town or city. Apart from distributing leaflets, dish out dates, tea, balloons, etc.,;
16. If you have a few friends that can help, plan and organise a an Israeli Apartheid Week (typically in March of each year), a weeklong series of events that can be put together at university campuses or street sidewalks, online, etc., to exhibit, showcase and highlight how much of an Apartheid Israel really is. Click here for all the material and online tools that can be easily downloaded and used.
17. Palestine Solidarity Campaigns are being launched everywhere. If you can’t find one near you (check here), start one on your own by organising events to raise awareness of the long list of human rights violations by Israel among members of the local public, trade unions and business people;
BLOCK or BOYCOTT:
18A. There are at several global companies (many more) that are unashamedly operating within the illegal settlements (Occupied Palestinian Territories) in Israel today. The names are from an official list published by the UN Human Rights Office. The companies include Surveillance technology and checkpoint equipment i.e., HP & Motorola Solutions; Construction machinery & bulldozers i.e., Caterpillar & Hyundai.
18B. The following list include websites of companies that promote properties in the illegal settlements, in violation of international law. The 4 websites are: AirBnB.com, Expedia.com, Tripadvisor.com & Booking.com. Lead a grassroots campaign, encouraging the masses to demand their governments block these websites. Click here for details.
19. There are at least 3 global Israeli brands (Fiverr, WiX & Ahava Cosmetics) used to whitewash Israel’s global image. The founders of both, Wix & Fiverr are ex-IDF soldiers or alumni of the elite army intelligence unit, called 8200. Lead a grassroots campaign, encouraging the masses to demand their governments block or boycott these sites. Click here for details.
20. In 2020, U.A.E formally recognised Israel, betraying the 70+ year Palestinian struggle, in exchange of diplomatic favours and advanced U.S weapons. Lead a grassroots campaign, encouraging the boycott of prominent U.A.E brands such as Emirates, Etihad, Aramex & DP World, etc.. Put simply, we should “United Against Enablers” (U.A.E). Click here for details;
Pick at least 1 item from the the list above, if not more.
Change will come, only if we organise ourselves, speak and act with one united voice and body.
For feedback on these ideas or to get in touch, please click here.